Type of class : Youth
The Family Parkour class is unique in that it is aimed at involving both parents and children within one class environment. The class accepts children of between 1-6 years old along with at least one parent or guardian, and is run by qualified coaches in a managed environment.
Through exercises and activities geared towards encouraging movement and exploration in the children while also including and challenging the parents/guardians, the class format creates an environment in which the family can practise together and share a physical activity which is beneficial to all parties.
Some of these benefits include:
- - Increase in motor skills and coordination
- - Increase in fitness and functional strength
- - Increase in agility and balance
- - Heightened spatial awareness both for the self and for others
- - Increase in safety through improved physical control from a young age
- - Shared activity/time for parent and child
- - Playful and communal interaction with peers of both children and parents
- - Increase in social skills
- - Improved physical and mental confidence through challenge and managed risk
- - Great fun for all!
All Parkour Generations coaches are fully qualified via the National Governing Body, as part of the A.D.A.P.T. international teaching standard for parkour, are CRB checked, first-aid trained and highly experienced.
The class runs for 2 hours in a managed environment that utilises gymnastic and fitness equipment, mats etc, as well as the existing architecture and terrain of the location. An important aspect of the class is encouraging children to feel confident when moving through their environment and helping them develop an open mind that approaches the world around them in a creative and engaging manner.
THIS CLASS COSTS £8 FOR ONE PARENT AND ONE CHILD. EVERY EXTRA PARENT OR CHILD COSTS £4.
Fantastic! Being able to have a great workout while still interacting with my youngest is a very unique but utterly superb experience. Parkour Generations supply a service that all parents will be dying to participate in!
Where To GoMoberly Sports Centre,
Closest Tube Station : Queens Park